11.14.2010

Roasted Root Veggie and Kale Soup

the unseasonably warm weather we've had lately has been wonderful. but, I secretly got a little excited when I saw chillier temps for this weekend. it's about time for soups, stews, and wintry treats!

I had a clump of kale and a handful of potatoes that needed to be eaten so I whipped up this soup. I was surprised how how easy and quickly it came together!

  • cube root veggies. (I used 4 small red potatoes and 3 large carrots) try sweet potatoes, squash, parsnips, rutabaga, etc!
  • coat veggies with 1 T olive oil, salt, and lots of pepper. transfer to pan and roast at 400 for 20-40 minutes (depending on the amount of veggies you end up with).
  • after 20 minutes of roasting... sautee 1 med sweet onion and garlic in olive oil.
  • add roasted veggies, 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock, and 1.5 tsp cumin. simmer.
  • pepper again :)
  • add 1 bunch of kale (torn into small sections and rinsed well) and cook for 10 minutes.
  • serve. with crusty bread, course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment