2.27.2010

They fell short...

Oh yummm our Seafood Fettucine dinner turned out great last night! We served it with fresh steamed broccoli... I'm thinking it would be nice with double the mushrooms and broccoli in the mix... next tiiiime.

My mom and I spotted a little girl eating a shortbread cookie as we were eating lunch at Panera and we haven't been able to stop thinking about them since! Panera has the best shortbread cookies. oh my gosh so good! sooooo when I got home I decided to try making a batch of my own!butta.
I can't believe shortbread has only 3 ingredients! Cream 1 c. butter and 1/2 cup sugar and 2 1/2 cups of flour. It mixed together quickly and went into the frig for an hour. As my dough chilled I drank hot chocolate. I can't get enough of this stuff... I think this is our 3rd batch this winter! Yikes
Back to the shortbread-- I pressed, cut, and pricked my dough, popped it into the oven and then waited... a loooong time! These took 15 more minutes than they were supposed to. [convection oven? larger pan? why didn't it work out like the recipe!?]
And the result?! ..........eh decent. They taste great, maybe a bit too sweet for traditional shortbread, but my one problem?! They are ugly! I want my desserts and dishes to look good and hopefully appetizing! These, however, look a bit sketchy.
Bummer. I have some ideas for next time.... arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment