11.14.2009

Stuffed Peppers

Its becoming kind of a challenge for myself to see what types of meals I can make that are flavorful, inexpensive (especially if it lasts me 3 meals like my tuna noodle casserole did!), but are still packed with nutrition, too. I love the challenge!

After visiting Marco at the market I had the perfect ingredients to make stuffed peppers (that weren't stuffed, after all).
-a HUGE red pepper for 80 cents (I only used half)
-pack of mushroom rice 1.40 euro
-3/4 cup of peas (from a bag that was about 1.20)
-onions and a couple slices of peperocino cheese (entire block was 90 cents)
I boiled the peppers, made the rice/onion/pea blend, smothered the chunks of peppers with rice, topped with cheese and baked for about 10 min. It was a great meal and I still have a plate this size left for dinner tonight!
I am heading out with Melissa and her priest (from her home parish in Rochester who is now living here) to tour a few popular/famous churches here. Melissa's priest has lived and studied here for many years and is very knowledgeable about Rome's Christian history... can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment