10.25.2009

Toscana!

Having my parents here was suuuuurreal. Absolutely surreal! I rushed downstairs immediately when I saw them drive up in the taxi and had to keep reminding myself throughout the week that We are in Italy! Together! No way!
too cute :) Love you both.

We had a week to ourselves... we hit every monument/statue/museum/church they could have wanted and were able to stroll through piazzas, alleys, and streets in Rome. After 4 days in Rome we drove to Tuscany. Driving was a blast... and it went a lot smoother than I thought it would :)
We stayed in a great hotel in a smaller town and shopped and walked the days away.... the highlight of the trip for me?? My new gorgeous Italian leather weekender! gorgeous. I loooooove it. Thanks Mom and Dad :)
After 3 days and 5 towns (Florence, Siena, Colle Di Val D'Elsa, San Gimignano and Volterra) they headed for London and the Cotswolds. They had a fabulous time here and I've heard they are loooving it in England/London!! :) I am looking SO forward to being home and seeing them and Jake & Sara... and sitting by a fireplace with hot chocolate!!... and dancing at Outlaws... and eating Mexican... and being with Eric. ooooooooo I can't wait!

One thing that I will miss is the food here. My parents and I had some AWESOME dinners and sweets during their visit... I want to remember every dish I have here so I can remake them when I go home-home so here a few of the best!

I love nutella and I love crepes... why not combine them!?gelatoooo!horrible photo but you get the idea. Risotta with clams and mussels. YUM! My new favorite!!sausage and cicory pizza!vegetarian pizza. SOOOO good!MY FAVORITE.
IM IN LOVE.
IM GOING TO MISS THESE.
A LOT.
Cornetto al cioccolato
Karen and I even made dinner for our parents! Gnocchi and ricotta/spinach filled ravioli with 2 different home made sauces; pesto & zucchini and tomato and fresh basil. Delish!


the Tuscan country side... simply beautiful
surprise surprise :) my dad and Harleys

my mom and I
rolling and green and beautifula little self timer action...
so quaint... love the pop of redand a great way to end the trip :) my mom and her awesome leather purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment