4.08.2010

Fresh, Real Food

This breakfast was the perfect start to my day! I am loving the combination of frozen raspberries (no sugar added!) and banana on Total or Special K or Crispix. It is so great -- a must try!

Sometimes it's George Strait, sometimes its Norah Jones. or Lady Antebellum. Lately it's been a lot of Straight No Chaser's Man That Can't be Moved. A little Paul Simon, Michael Jackson, Vince Gill, Bon Iver, Matt Wertz.... anything goes really. My little bose speakers are always playing some sort of music in our kitchen.

I feel like I could cook and bake, cut and chop, for hoooours when I'm listening to music. Last night I did just that.... I grabbed a lot of the veggies in our frig and started chopping.
Fresh, real, healthy food makes me so happy.
I sauteed onions, minced garlic, s&p, cumin, green and orange peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, black beans, and wilted spinach right at the end.
I served this mix with brown rice pilaf. It was pretty good! Not that flavorful... but really good. I think I liked it even more because I know its so good for me. Is that weird!?

No comments:

Post a Comment